iPhones and iPads have become common in schools. There are a few apps available, which can improve your note taking ability and help you be better organized. Today, we will review one such app – School Notes, which claims to have recently crossed the 40,000 download mark within the first 4 months of its release!
App Reviewed: School Notes
Version: 2.0 (when reviewed)
Size: 8.9 MB (when reviewed)
Price: $1.99 (when reviewed)
School Notes Review
School Notes is an app designed to improve the note ability for secondary and post-secondary students and teachers. School Notes will let you take notes in many different formats that make sense and be fun at the same time.
With the School Notes App you can:
– Set up reminders so you can see when you have tests coming up or when your assignments are due.
– Take daily class notes in the popular and proven effective C-Note format. These notes can be saved to that day’s class, as well as printed, or shared with a study partner/group through email or Bluetooth.
– Store video or pictures of labs or lessons with your lesson’s notes, including upload teacher made videos or iTunes U content.
– Draw or write on an interactive Note Board which can be projected through your VGA adapter. You can import graphics or pictures in from your camera roll to use as a background or to label. These notes can also be printed, emailed or shared with a study partner/group through an overhead or external monitor.
– Create an audio entry of a lecture or record your own thoughts about the class.
– Write a summary of the lesson or use the dictation assistant if you have the new iPad or iPhone 4S.
– Create Flash Cards for studying or sharing with a study partner/group through a VGA connection or Bluetooth.
All the above can be saved by subject and day on an easy to read calendar for review and studying. You can also use the calendar to return to a previous lesson to add information or modify your notes.
There is also a section where you can save “teacher made” PPT/PDFs to study, or to load your own for a class presentation. These are loaded and saved through you iTunes file sharing features.
All your notes can be backed up to your computer through iTunes File Sharing and to your iCloud so the notes can be accessed on all your iOS devises for studying.
As a bonus, the app provides math and science formulas, as well as a periodic table.
Everything you need for effective notes to enhance your education all in one App!
School Notes is a pretty useful app if you can make use of it properly. As of now, the app works only properly in portrait mode and there is an update in progress to make it work in landscape mode as well.
How to Download School Notes
Download School Notes from the App Store