App Reviewed: DIY Map GPS Review
Platform: Designed for both iPad and iPhone
Price: $2.99 (when reviewed)
DIY Map GPS Review
DIY Map GPS is a full-featured GPS system for the iPhone that combines all the functionality of expensive handheld units with the power of wireless technology. You can use it to view your own choice of maps, instead of generic maps chosen by somebody else, making it ideal for specialist maps with details not available on other mapping applications.
DIY Map GPS is pretty robust and offers you much more than what a usual navigation app offers. You can store multiple maps on your iPhone or iPad, and switch between them. Best part is of this app is that you can store maps to view it offline later. Works best because you do not want to consume your monthly quota of cellular data, which anyway is getting costlier every month. You don’t even need Wi-Fi access to view this map – it has 100% offline availability.
Some of the important features of this app are:
- Record tracks, waypoints.
- Use DIY Map GPS on all of your iPhones/iPads/iPods.
- Share tracks in Facebook or Twitter.
- Import and export GPX files, by iTunes, Dropbox and Email.
- Map data and POI are provided by OpenStreetMap.com
- Optimized for iPod, iPhone4/5, iPad, iPad mini!
- FREE download of 3,788 City Maps worldwide
- FREE download of Millions of Points of Interest
- Full-featured GPS system
- Useful features (Weather, Sunrise/Sunset, Moonrise/Moonset, Flash)
- 100% offline maps availability
- No need to search for Wi-Fi or use cellular data
- Extensive coverage
DIY Map GPS features a full-featured GPS System which allows you to import/export GPX files. This app has so much to offer that it may seem daunting at beginning. However, once you get used to it – it is just easy and useful. Currently the app supports English, Korean and Japanese language and is available from iTunes for the low price of 2.99 USD. Wealth of information about the app is available at Builtsoft.
How to Download DIY Map GPS
Download DIY Map GPS from the iTunes App Store.