It is now possible to fax and print from the iPad. In addition, the Pro version supports the printing/downloading of web-based files. If you want to send a fax from your iPad or print from your iPad, start by downloading the Apple iTunes Store app Fax Print & Share Pro.
App Reviewed: Fax Print & Share Pro
Fax Print & Share Pro Review
Fax Print and Share Pro allows you to fax documents anywhere in the world straight from your iPad. Here’s how to fax or print from the iPad:
- Download Fax Print & Share Pro from the iTunes App Store.
- Press and hold the document you’d like to fax. Document could be say a PDF attachment in an email. Once your press and hold – you’ll get a few options — choose Open In…
- Select FaxPrintShare Pro.
- Tap Fax in the top bar and select a cover sheet option: No Cover, Official, or Simple.
- Fill in the fax number, recipient, subject, and note fields.
- Tap Send.
- Supported document types include PDF, Word, Excel, bitmap, TIFF, text, HTML, Open Office, GIF, and encapsulated PostScript.
- You can use a web browser to transfer files between your computer and this app.
- Networked or shared printers supported without any additional software requirement.
- Over 1,700 printers from HP, Epson, Canon, Samsung, Brother, Lexmark, Xerox, Ricoh and many more! Complete list is available at http://www.ndilitechnologies.com/help.html.
- Send postcards and letters via USPS (postal mail).
- Print remote files on Dropbox, or download them into this app.
- Upload documents to FedEx Office® Print Online.
If you fax or print a lot of documents and love your iPad, you can make great use of this app.
How to Download Fax Print & Share Pro
Get it from the Apple iTunes AppStore. Note: Fax Print & Share is also available for iPhone. Steps to send a fax from iPhone are the same as outlined earlier.