Some time back we had reviewed ABC Sounds Lite app (review can be found here). ABC Sounds is an iOS app to help kids learn phonics. Created by Tender Learning Concepts or TLC Inc. (owned by Barbara Milne), ABC Sounds turned out to be our favorite phonics app and we named it the best phonics app.
ABC Sounds now has a newer version – ABC Sounds. ABC Sounds is a priced at $1.99 and is truly awesome. ABC Sounds has lots of animation and rewards that children love! This app has been developed from Barbara Milne’s famous “Apple apple Aaa” song found on her Sounds Like Learning CD.
Features of ABC Sounds
* A multi-sensory learning tool. It combines audio, voice and written words.
* Develops auditory discrimination by introducing the letter names and sounds.
* Develops eye hand coordination by requiring the child to touch the “Hidden Letter”, the capital and lower case letter. It also helps child track left to right to follow pictures and sounds.
* Your child will learn to recognize the word by the sounds they hear in this app.
* The pictures look more like the actual letter and have a “Hidden Letter” inside the picture. This memory device makes it easier for children to remember the shape of the letter AND the sound as a unit.
* This app is created for children starting at about 1 year old and can go all the way up to adults who want to learn the English language.
* This app can also be used in the classroom.
With over 2 million CDs sold, 25 million views and 35000+ subscribers on YouTube, parents and children from all over the world have discovered the joy of learning together through sing-a-longs, games and story books created by Barbara Milne. Now Barbara Milne has her seconds iOS app available – ABC Sounds.
ABC Sounds uses listen and touch technique powered by the use of hidden letters in pictures to help kids memorize phonics and letters.