MailShot Pro claims to be the the only app on the App Store that lets you email groups of contacts right from your favorite apps, just as if this feature was built into your device. Let’s have a look if it can deliver on it’s promise.
App Reviewed: Mailshot Pro
Mailshot Pro Review
MailShot Pro can let you email groups of contacts right from your favorite apps, just as if this feature was built into your device. There is a lite version also available. This “Pro” version of which we tested — can create up to 100 groups, each with 100 or more contacts (note that this limit is governed by the email provider).
MailShot works by creating special entries in your address book that you can use for group emails like sports or work teams and family or friends groups. Now you don’t need a separate Group Email program for mailing.
Just use the blue “+” in the address line of your mail to select the special contact MailShot created for you, this will go to the group you created (Note: Don’t type the name in on the address line)
- You can use MailShot group contacts within almost any app, in place of a regular address book contact.
- Send documents, photos, or any other attachment direct from your apps to a group.
- Use Siri (iPhone4S) to send email to your groups by name.
- Group contacts are shared between iOS devices using iCloud or iTunes sync.
- Forward received email to your groups with all attachments intact (MailShot is the only app we know of that can do this.)
- Use MailShot groups in the CC: or BCC: fields of your email, protecting others’ privacy when needed.
- Choose which email address to use, when a contact has more than one.
- Import existing groups from your address book into MailShot.
An awesome app for those who do a lot of group emails. No wonder Mailshot Pro has had more than 75,000 downloads.
How to Download Mailshot Pro
Get it from the Apple App Store